Saturday, 9 February 2013

The Battle for Hek

The second day of my life in Brave Newbies started fairly quietly, with me playing station games and then killing a Tornado that was (badly) attempting to alpha any ships that undocked from the station.

Then killing another Tornado: 
But this post isn't about the incompetency of our station campers, despite their hilarious incapability to camp a station. It's about the slaughter that followed which at the time of writing totalled around 10 billion isk. After some small skirmishes on the Hek station, our war targets undocked a Battleship fleet supported by sniping Tornados. What was this Battleship fleet composed of I hear you ask. Well, it was a Vindicator, Armageddon, Typhoon and a Raven, which were all quite happy to aggress our massive blob, which caused explosions.




We swiftly put the Vindicator to his death after a prologned peroid of docking games, followed not long after by his comrades. The Vindicator's pod is nearly as shiny as his 3 billion isk ship, and the other battleships weren't cheap either

Some lovely looking screenshots of the battle:


But were we done with our shiny ship killing yet? No. We were barely half way through it. After reports that a couple of Tengus had been harassing corp members on the Uttindar gate, I took my finest bait Maller to the scene. After waiting for a few minutes, the very same Tengus that had been pestering us early jumped in. The first one locked me; I didn't actually expect it to engage an obvious bait Maller, it was a half-arsed plan after all, but to my delight it did shoot me, and our fleet warped in.
 I point a Tengu and sacrifice my Maller while the rest of the fleet lands



As I left in my pod I could see rings of fleet members warping in behind me, and I returned to the station a happy man knowing that it would be moments before the Tengu died, and sure enough as I landed on the station I heard a "That Tengu died fast" on comms. We also managed to get the Hawk, but the other Tengu warped off. Would he survive? No. He also exploded slightly after his friend.




The Tengu explodes, and is valued at 3.5 billion, making our isk destroyed count around 10 billion isk in 45 minutes which is rather good. After this, I'd be suprised if we get any more corps dec us. I for one wouldn't mind a few more if they're flying ships as shiny as this, since our current war targets look unlikely to fight in Hek after this display of force:
After this, our wartargets only wanted to play station games with us, which is understandable considering they would be welped pretty quickly if they aggressed.
Once again, if you haven't joined Brave Newbies and are bored with your life in Eve, join us and you'll experience more fun then you've ever had before. Hopefully.
Fly safe

2 comments:

  1. It is a shame I missed those gate camping tengus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Tubrug,

      Said Tengu's were brought to bear admittedly in error, but only fed by the hubris of blapping bushels of your guys with impunity prior... Will we make the same mistake ever again, nope; lesson on fielding shinies learned, check.

      Will we stop pwning your guys as they transit the larger EVE world, negative :) I wonder if you are putting THAT metric in your sales pitch, that none of your guys are safe outside the hek blob or big fleets and are actually getting smoked by the bushel as they transit space, mine or run missions?

      Finally, your assertion other corps won't dec you (or us re-dec you) is presumptuous. We like blapping your ships, lots of them.

      Feyd Rautha Harkonnen,
      Dark Lord of Crux



      Delete