The Gnosis is, aside from T3 ships, the most versatile ship in the game. It's 6-6-6 slot layout and bonuses to every gun type mean you never know what it's going to throw at you. From an armour missile spamming bastard to a shield blaster shooting bastard, this ship could be anything.
So there's my fit. Now on any other ship a dual tank would be laughed at and I would be called a noob, but it genuinely seems to work fairly well. Other single tank loadouts that may work are cap boosted triple reps, but it will be nowhere near as effective as a triple rep Myrmidon, or a passive shield tank, but this will be nowhere near as effective as a Drake.
In the first fight, the guns are tested more than the tank and they perform well.
After I warp to the next CA, I get attacked by a lot of ships, but my Gnosis is able to stay alive for a while before its armour tank is overcome. Another important thing to notice about the Gnosis is that it has no resistance holes, all shield resists are 27.5/27.5/27.5/27.5 and the armour resists are 32.5/32.5/32.5/32.5. As a final word on the Gnosis, speculation on the forums points to it being a 10th birthday present to all of us, which would make sense since Eve's 5th birthday was marked with a Jove shuttle.
Next we have the pirate ships, I'll start off with the Echo, the Angel Cartel's rookie ship. To sum its performance up, it feels like a mini-Dramiel.
One main problem is the lack of cap, it will only last for 20 seconds with everything running. The signature radius was also a problem, as I noticed when I got insta-popped after landing, which means no battle photos.
The next ship is the one I see the most potential in: the Violator. Though its appearance is disappointing- it's only a Velator with a paint job, its bonus to webs and damage more than make up for it. It's sort of like a mini-Vigilant in the same way the Echo is a mini-Dramiel.
I managed to survive a lot longer than I did in the Echo and got away a few shots, though I notice that exploding quickly will be a trend in these ships.
I didn't have time to test these, but they look semi reasonable, although the Immolator literally looks brilliant, which is why I put a photo of it next to it.
Those bonuses may look familiar to a Bhaalgorn's, and that's because they are.
Last but not least the Guristas' ship called the Taipan. This one looks like it's got a lot of potential for a long range ship; similar to a Worm but with a weaker tank and drone bay.
As for the seeding of these, I assume they will be handed out at their respective NPC stations in a similar way to how noobships are seeded at the moment. All of the changes coming in Retribution 1.1, including the Battlecruiser rebalancing, duelling and info panels.
Fly safe












No comments:
Post a Comment