Sunday, 24 February 2013

Providence Roam Results in Explosion

After finally winning an Abaddon on Somer Blink, I spent some of the isk on a Manticore, which I took to the finest scrub hunting lands in the game: Providence. I've tried this many times before, in Brutixes and Manticores, but I've only ever killed one thing. This time however things would be different. Why?

Having learned the skill in preparation mere days before hand, I would be using bubbles for the first time in my Eve life. After actually learning how to make them drag bubbles, I headed to Providence and deployed by bubble on a small trade lane.
And so the stage was set for some large scale industrial killing. Or so I hoped. There was the occasional shuttle and noobship that passed, but I then managed to drag a Crane.
The Crane cloaked and was able to warp off since he had not been dragged very far into the bubble. Moments later a Venture comes in, but that's all I get for a while.
Two cups of tea later I pack up and move to another gate. This dosen't manage to trap anyone for half an hour, so I decide to move again. But suddenly a Helios and Malediction appear as I decloak to unachor it.
The CVA pet Malediction is able to burn to me surprisingly quickly, and he is on top of me before I'm aligned enough to launch the bomb.
I remove the Malediction's shields but it's too late since he's already removed my armour.
I issue a gf in local like the polite bastard I am, and I am returned to my home station courtesy of Pod Self-Destruct Express.
On a final note- are CVA not NRDS anymore? They seemed to have confused me as someone who is red, though the KOS checker says differently:
I can haz reimbursment CVA?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I think bubble trumps NRDS.. People don't put up bubbles for free hugs.. :) Not quite to bubbles yet on my cloaky alt, looking forward to it though, looks like a good time.

    ReplyDelete