Mad. Battle. Loki. Badger.
I'm sure you've all heard of those before, but have you seen them all in one story before? Chances are you have if you're a regular reader of minerbumping.com, but since it was my own, and one of my funniest kills, I'll post it here with some added details and my own commentary.
Enter Lord Xymox. I'm really not sure where he came from, why he was here or what he did. One can only assume he is one of those 'alts in nullsec' miners always refer to, usually as an empty threat.
Whoever he was, Lord Xymox was clearly very angry with us
Lord Xymox continued to spout profanity into local, in what is one of the biggest wave of tears I've ever seen, enough to break the Three Gorges Dam.Lord Xymox then makes a completely incorrect statement, as we have a corp with an alliance, yet he was impervious to my frequent corrections.
Suddenly, Lord Xymox issued a duel request. However, this wasn't any old duel request, he was I payed particular attention to the "let's fleet, you and me then we know we can't get concorded' part. Sitting up in my seat, I scoured the market for some form of weapon, and fortunately I found a blaster to attach to my Badger.
Tricking any ship into being concorded is a good thing, but my heart swelled with excitement when he undocked a Loki. At first, he just orbited me and I was worried he would back down, but it transpires he was being thwarted by the safety system. I then helpfully suggested he turned his safety off, and to my delight he started shooting me.
People who are aware highsec isn't safe tend to tank their ships, even Badgers, as I did. Because of this, he never managed to get my shields past 50%, while concord came and destroyed him. He then crawled back to the station in his pod.
Killmail here. If there's one thing this shows, it's that stupid will always find a way, no matter how hard CCP makes it. It also shows that some people in Eve are complete idiots, since he had to go through two warnings that 'shooting members of your fleet is not authorised', and yet he still managed to concord 420mil isk.
I'll be back with more Battle Badger action later, assuming I don't get blown up while trying.










No comments:
Post a Comment