Saturday, 9 February 2013

Joining the Swarm

In case you aren't aware CCP recently did a Community Spotlight blog on a young corp named 'Brave Newbies Inc.', which had similar goals to my own corp that flopped about a week ago. At first, I experienced a rainbow of emotions, from jealousy to appreciation, and I decided to join them. After moving to Hek and taunting our wardeccers, which eventually caused my ship to explode, we commenced a Thrasher swarm fleet.

By the time our fleet had undocked, the wartarget's fleet has docked up due to our allies' fleet and the threat of our fleet undocking. One ship does undock, a Drake, and he is swiftly put into low armour with our combined volleys, and he quickly docks up before we can get a second volley. At the time of heading out our fleet consisted of nearly 80 people, most of which were in Thrashers.

We headed to a nearby lowsec system where we found a couple of criminals and suspects in local. We spread out and searched the belts, but my d-scan revealed they were on a gate. I warped to the gate and found the two Armageddons were smartbomb fit, losing my Thrasher's armour in the process. The fleet warped to the Armageddon outside of smartbomb range and we put it into 70% armour before his support arrived which included Logistics and Hurricanes. We lost a few ships, including my own, then the rest of the fleet bailed from the fight.
I didn't spam my screenshot button enough during the fight, but I'll remember to next time. The fleet carried on after that but I went to bed.
I highly recommend joining Brave Newbies if you're a brave newbie or even older than that, it has a lot of potential for a corp and could go on to the scale of RvB.
Fly safe

No comments:

Post a Comment